A pet microchip is a forever bond between you and the pet you love.
1 in 3 pets go missing during its lifetime.
Without a proper ID, 90% never return home.
- We microchip your pet and
- Register your pet in the HomeAgain National Pet Recovery Database.
Dog & cat microchipping is simple. Our veterinarians inject a microchip about the size of a grain of rice (12mm) beneath the surface of your pet’s skin between the shoulder blades. The process is similar to a routine shot, takes only a few seconds, and your pet will not react any more than he would to a vaccination. No anesthetic is required.
Benefits of using a HomeAgain microchip.
- It is permanent, safe pet ID. The microchip itself has no internal energy source, so it will last the life of your pet. It is read by passing a microchip scanner over the pet’s shoulder blades. The scanner emits a low radio frequency that provides the power necessary to transmit the microchips unique cat or dog ID code and positively identify the pet.
- Bio-Bond patented anti-migration feature. The only dog and cat micro-chip with patented anti-migration feature to help ensure that the microchip will stay in place.
- Permanent registration in largest national lost pet database. If your pet gets lost and is taken to an animal shelter or veterinarian, they will scan the microchip to read its unique dog or cat ID code. This number identifies the pet and retrieves your contact information, which is used to contact you and reunite you with your pet.
- Update address changes online. It is easy to update any changes in your contact information directly online on the HomeAgain website.