There are multiple things that you need to consider when trying to pick the right program for you and your dog. Not only do you have to consider your dog’s needs and training goals, but also what will be the easiest training program for you to follow up with. Training is a team effort that involves the owner, trainer, and dog.
Here are a few questions a dog owner should ask
themselves when selecting a training program:
- What is my dog motivated by?
- Is my dog reactive to people and/or dogs?
- What are my training goals?
- What tools and techniques am I comfortable with?
- Do I feel that my dog and I need individual attention?
- Is there an issue I am trying to solve at home?
- Do I have a high-energy dog that needs a job?
We have many training options
here at BloomingPaws such as:
Pet owners and their dogs will learn and socialize in a group class environment made of other pet owners and dogs. Owners will be taught how to communicate effectively with their pet, pet-friendly training techniques and how to curb unwanted behaviors (jumping, leash pulling, barking). The class curriculum includes:
- Attentive walking
- Lying down
- Coming when called
If your dog needs some obedience training, or if you need help establishing an effective communication system between you and your dog, the Jump-Start Program is a very effective package with many options, making it customizable. It combines the options of our Boarding School or Day School along with small group classes that give individual attention.
- Flexibility for busy schedules
- Geared toward those who need to establish communication between them and their dog
- For those owners that are looking for small group classes with individual attention
Private Lessons / In-Home Lessons
Maybe you and your dog need one-on-one attention. Private Lessons are great for those who:
- Need Behavior Modification such as aggressive, reactive or fearful dogs
- Are easily distracted in a group setting
- Have specific training goals that are not addressed in any of our other programs
- Have specific training goals that require a home setting
- Have a busy schedule
Our certified trainers can give you that individual attention you and
your dog need to help you reach your training goals.
Boarding School/ Day School
If you do not have enough time to train your dog, or just need a good foundation on obedience,
Boarding School or Day School may be the best option for you.
- A convenient option for those who have dogs that are enrolled
in our daycare program or are planning on going on vacation.
- A fast way to teach obedience essentials
Be aware that even though we train your dog, you still have to work with them on the exercises
trained here at BloomingPaws for your dog to understand what exactly you are asking of them.
Puppy class provides quality education for both the owner and puppy. We go over many puppy necessities such as crate training, potty training, socialization, grooming, growth stages, health, and much more. These classes are designed to help build your puppy’s confidence and your understanding of what exactly your puppy is thinking.
- Great for first-time puppy owners.
- Designed to help raise a calm, confident puppy that is happy to work for you!
- Enables you to train your puppy in a controlled environment.
Remember: every program requires a little bit of “homework”.
The owner must continue reinforcement for optimum training results.